February 23, 2011

What Does My Bookcase Say About Me Meme?


1. “I’m a Jane Austen Addict” (Jane Austen The Complete Novels, Pamela Aiden series, fan fiction by Abigail Reynolds, Amanda Grange, Diana Birchall, Lost Memories of Jane Austen by Syrie James, Sharon Lathan's series, Just Jane by Nancy Moser, 2 Linda Berdoll and Becoming Jane Austen by Jon Spence...just to name a few...and I've not listed all my video titles!)
2. “I collect certain authors an series!” (20 Georgette Heyer, 40 J.D. Robb, Alan Bradley, 5 J.R.R. Tolkien, complete box set of Harry Potter novels, Christopher Paolini's Inheritance series, Kate Carlisle Bibliophile mysteries, 9 Philippa Gregory, 22 Tami Hoag, 4 Susanna Kearsley, 148 Jayne Anne Krentz, 97 Betty Neels, 40 Elizabeth Lowell, 14 James Rollins, 4 Thomas Harris, 11 Andrea Kane, Alison Weir, 19 Carla Neggers, 3 Dan Brown, Elizabeth Chadwick, Stieg Larsson, Sarah Dunant, Michelle Moran, Maria V. Snyder, Kathleen McGowan, Christine Trent and C.L. Wilson.)
3. “I like Gothic fiction!” (Ariana Franklin series, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Dracula by Bram Stoker, The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Drood by Dan Simmons, Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, 4 Victoria Holt, Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, Ghostwalk by Rebecca Stott, Perfume by Patrick Suskind, Eve Silver, A Whisper in the Dark by Louise May Alcott, 3 Kate Mosse and 3 S. J. Bolton.)

4. "Classics call my name!" (The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson, Middlemarch by George Eliot, To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee, Vanity Fair by William Makepeace, Lolita by Nabokov, Master & Commander by Patrick O'brian, Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelly, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy and The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery ans 2 Oscar Wilde novels.)

5. “I collect Victorian novels!” (The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton, Deanna Raybourn's Lady Julia Grey series, Tasha Alexander's Lady Emily Ashton series, Elizabeth Peters Amelia Peabody series, Leanna Hieber's Guards and Goddesses' series and Libby Bray's Gemma Doyle young adult series and Slammerkin by Emma Donoghue.)
6. "Fiction involving Asian history or locations fascinates me! (Empress Orchid and The Last Empress by Anchee Min, 3 Amy Tan, Empress by Shan Sa, Peony and The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck, The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble, 3 Lisa See novels and Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.)


7. "I like books that have themes of art, math or science or similar!" (Contact by Carl Sagan, Michael Crichton, Dune by Frank Herbert, The Rule of Four by Caldwell and Thomason, Girl With a Pearl Earring and Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier, Signora Da Vinci by Robin Maxwell, The Savage Garden by Mark Mills, The Eight by Katherine Neville, The Tailor's Daughter by Janice Graham, Karen Essex and Sarah Dunant.)

8. "I need another bookshelf!" (Most of the free space at the front of each shelf is filled with stacks of books and there is little remaining free space.)

9. “I buy a lot more books than I can read!” (The right hand side of my bookshelf contains books I haven't read and the left side contains books I have read.)

So, what does your bookcase say about you?

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm...it says I collect books faster than I can read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I get as much satisfaction out of collecting as I do from reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you like books from the Victorian era. I read The Age of Inocence and I thought it was a wonderful book. Wharton's other famous work is Ethan Frome, excellent. But I do realize there are so many books so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation Vinnie! Love and angst...my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicchic! Greetings from the Philippines! I'm a book blogger as well and when I stumbled upon your blog I was immediately struck by your book case because it seems I have found someone who loves the same books as me! First of all, I love gothic fiction and my favorite is among those you wrote - Rebecca! Next I collect classics and my favorites are The Scarlet Pimpernel and The Secret Garden! I have the rest of what you wrote in my collection too! Next, I love Asian novels too! In fact Memoirs of a Geisha and Lisa See's novels are one of my favorite books ever! I also love Jane Austen, collect books from the same author and have also read and liked Girl with a Pearl Earring and The Eight :-) Definitely following your blog :) I'd love it of you can visit my blog too!

    ReplyDelete