February 17, 2009

Tuesday Thingers

Today's question: How do you get your books for reviewing? (Feel free to participate in the poll below, you can check more than one answer) Do you track them somehow (excel, database, etc), or just put them in a tbr (To Be Read for anyone that doesn't know) pile? I participate in LibraryThings EarlyReviewer's program and have received a few books but I'm very picky so I only request a book every other month or so. I have been fortunate enough to win book contests. Thanks to everyone who holds those contests!! I belong to the Harper Collins Canada and Simon&Schuster Canada Facebook blogs and have won books through these sites. On occasion I have books given to me...that's always a surprise and I'm very thankful (Thanks Marcia). Mostly I just wait for sales or buy 3 get the 4th free promotions and buy my books either at the bookstore or online...I give myself a book budget every month. I track them using Bookpedia...really great software for the Mac (I would recommend using this instead of Excel as you can export as .csv files). I registered the product so have access to the frequent updates and unlimited additions...its amazing. I keep a Wish List and have created multiple collections. I catologue every book I buy/receive. With this software I can export my lists to my iPod, which I take with me to the bookstore. I also exported my catologue and then imported to LibraryThing when I initially set up my LT account. I highly recommend the software and am willing to answer any questions you may have about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment