December 9, 2008

Tuesday Thingers

Most of us book bloggers like to write book reviews- if we don't love to write book reviews- but here's today's question. When it comes to LT (and your blog), do you review every book you read? Do you just review Early Reviewers or ARCs? Do you review only if you like a book, or only if you feel like you have to? How soon after reading do you post your review? Do you post them other places- other social networking sites, Amazon, etc.?
 
Well, I don't review every book I read. I do read quite a few romance novels but I just don't have much to say about them. I would rather give my point of view on historical fiction, action/adventure or mystery/suspense, which I read a lot of. I have been trying to get into the habit of reviewing most of these type of books as I think it might help my chances on getting more ARCs, plus I like to go back and see what I wrote as a comparison for other books by the author, or similar authors. I write my review immediately after I finish the book or within a couple days, otherwise I feel I can't move on to another book.
Ever since I started blogging I have reviewed a majority of the books I have read. I definitely review the ARCs I receive from LibraryThing's EarlyReviewers program and other programs. There is only one book I received from the ER program that I have not yet reviewed. I always post my review to my blog, LibraryThing, GoodReads and Chapters Community.

No comments:

Post a Comment