December 31, 2008

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

Lexi Smart awakens in a hospital having lost all of her memories of the past three years of her life. She remembers herself as snaggletoothed, frizzy-haired, broke, plump and miserable...but somehow she has a Louis Vuitton bag, a skinny body, perfect teeth, perfect hair...and the perfect husband?? The car accident she was in...in her Mercedes...has left Lexi with amnesia and somehow she must figure out just how in the heck her life changed so dramatically. 

Sophie Kinsella's stories are always good for a laugh. They are fluffy, funny and you can finish them in a few hours. I really liked the concept of Remember Me? and was cracking up at all the messes Lexi got herself into and tried to get herself out of. Kinsella has an amazing ability to make very likable characters and to make you laugh. I have read The Undomestic Goddess though which I liked better, mostly because I laughed more, and which, for me, had a more satisfying ending. I would have liked to see an epilogue or a longer last chapter for Lexi's story. That said, I bought Confessions of a Shopaholic and look forward to reading more of Sophie Kinsella's novels. 
My Rating: 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment