May 13, 2009

Tuesday Thingers

Tuesday's Question from Wendi's Book Corner: Do you add your reviews to the books you add to your library? If so, do you put your full review on there, or a quick review (one - two paragraphs)? Do you find other people's reviews helpful? Do you know of any other ways to enter your reviews (Other than Edit Book, or Quick Edit)?
Since last year around when I first started this blog, I would say 90% of the books I add to my LibraryThing I also post a review for. The reviews I post are always full reviews...because I also post them on my blog, Good Reads and ChaptersIndigo. Most of the time I include the book summary from the jacket and try to write more than a couple paragraphs. I find the reviews of other members very helpful. When I add books I use the Quick Edit for adding tags first then I navigate to the book and add my rating and review. On the "Your books" tab I have a couple styles I use. For one style I have added the review field and I am able to click inside and edit as needed. Adding the review field to your layout is also great because you can sort your books by Entry date and browse your recent to oldest reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment