May 19, 2009

Tuesday Thingers

Today's Question from Wendi's Book Corner: Were you aware that LT had a mobile version of the site? Do you ever visit sites via a mobile device? Can you think of anything this would help you with?
How great is this question!!  So I was a cellphone virgin until January of this year...I held out a long time but then finally gave in and bought a Blackberry 8900 (Javelin).  I love it but I still avoid using the phone whenever I can. Best of all I convinced my boyfriend to get a Blackberry too and now we can pin (Blackberry Instant Message) each other with emoticons.  I had no idea LibraryThing has a mobile version. I am going to add it to my Blackberry right now!!!
Ok there does not seem to be much functionality but I can at least check recommendations and whether I own a book already or not... conveniently when I created my library on LT I decided to include only those books that I own (no wish lists), so this will be a great future reference when I am in the bookstore and am racking my brain about whether I had already read and/or purchased a specific book.
I do have my Google Feeder Mobile bookmarked and my work mobile pages , as well as MSN Entertainment.  I have also downloaded Google Mobile, Facebook, and Weather Network apps. I replaced the boring blue background on the menu system with an image of my favourite painting, Girl Reading, the painting I use for my blog. So much nicer to look at every day.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh - I've always wanted to play with a Blackberry - I can't bring myself to pay for the service though. We have a family plan between 4 of us, so only pay $60 for two phones, texts and photos per month. :)

    Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week. ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete