January 20, 2009

TuesdayThingers

Have you ever used the Swap This Book function which can be found on the main page of any book (here is an example of Flirting With Forty by Jane Porter: link shown on book page, what it looks like if you click on the link)? If so, what do you think about it? If not, are there any other swap sites you utilize to exchange books once you are done? What do you do with your books if you no longer want them anymore?
I have seen the link but never clicked on it.  I suppose I assumed I would end up giving a book of mine away in return, but I am too possessive and don't want to give up a book!  Also, I usually can find what I want at my favourite used bookstore where I can get credit for the books I bring in.  I think its a great feature though and if I do have a book I want to get rid of I might use this tool.  
Once a year I go through my library to see if there are books taking up space that I don't care for and that I don't think the used bookstore would take...they get dropped off the local firehall for the annual Calgary Book Drive & Sale for charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment